The response to Nature Forever Society’s initiative has been overwhelming over the past three years. It is time again to look forward to nominations for the NFS Sparrow Awards for 2014, to recognize the exceptional contribution made by individuals and organizations who work quietly and tirelessly for the protection and conservation of the environment. So, while nominations are invited for this year, all are requested to spread the word so that news of the awards can reach far and wide.
Winners from diverse background will be awarded the Wipro- NFS Sparrow Award after scrutinizing each nomination, a detailed profile check about their work is carried out and in what way is their work making a difference /impact and creating functional conservation. The winner will be decided by a committee and the decision made by the committee will be final and binding.The Wipro – Nature Forever Society Sparrow Award for the year 2014 will also receive seed money/ funding of Rs 50,000/- for each winner to carry out the vital conservation work undertaken by them.
There are only two categories- individuals and organizations. Three awards are given in the individual category and one to an organization.
• Business/institutions/community group
• Dedication and contribution towards nature conservation; awareness and development of innovative green initiatives/ technologies.
• Efforts of individuals at the grassroots and community level.
• Individuals and organizations working for issues related to the environment in their own capacity with their own resources or with little support will be considered.
• The work initiated should be innovative, motivational for others to take up conservation at the community level.
• Organizations or individuals (professionals) working full time in the field of environment and conservation will not be considered for the award.
• During the selection procedure, nominees may be considered for categories other than those indicated by the nominator
• The work carried out by an individual or organization in official capacity will not be considered for the award.